32 Years of Legal Experience
San Antonio Child Custody Lawyer
Battles over child custody are often the most emotional part of every divorce settlement. Too often, spouses place their own concerns ahead of what is best for the children. Unfortunately, many inexperienced lawyers don’t understand that Texas courts are primarily interested in the child’s welfare. Judges simply won’t agree to a child custody arrangement that doesn’t protect the child’s needs.
Free Consultation ▪ All Major Credit Cards Accepted ▪ Se Habla Español
Our firm has been representing clients in divorce and child custody matters for nearly a quarter of a century. We know what factors judges consider when formulating their decisions, so we will tailor our proposed settlements to increase your chances of success. We always strive to avoid an emotional, expensive child custody battle that only causes long-term harm to your family.
If you are involved in a divorce or child custody matter, contact us to discuss your concerns.
During your free consultation, we will clearly explain important issues that will affect the outcome of your child custody dispute:
- Social Study: We are familiar with the various family services professionals who will make recommendations based on your children’s needs.
- Ad litem services: In some cases, it may be the best course of action to have an attorney act as a guardian ad litem to represent the interests of the child. We know the appropriate attorneys and law firms that provide this service.
- Discovery of evidence and disclosure: Child custody cases aren’t simply a case of he-said-she-said. We have the professional resources to thoroughly investigate the evidence to ensure that your case for custody is clearly represented.
- Temporary orders of custody: In some cases pending trial, a temporary order of custody is necessary. We aggressively fight on your behalf while preparing your case for trial.
- Child support and visitation rights: Awards of child support and visitation time are often a matter of Texas law. We will work hard to ensure that your rights and best interests are protected.
A Special Note About Child Custody and Immigration
If your custody arrangement will affect the immigration status of your children, make sure your attorney has knowledge and experience in federal immigration law. Our firm has been helping clients in all family immigration matters since we opened our doors in 1984.
We represent clients in all matters relating to child custody, including:
- Joint physical custody
- Joint legal custody
- Custody modifications
- Termination of parental rights (TPR)
- Non-custodial parental rights
- Child support guidelines and collections